Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lefty Service...

It's been over a year since I had the Lefty serviced. So once the winter hits here, probably in a month of so, I'll leave the bike in to get the fork serviced.

Since I'm now running a 183mm rotor on the front, the lower boot on the left comes rather close to getting sliced up when the fork is heavily compressed. So I'll get a newer style lower boot installed at the same time.

Thanksfully I managed to source alot of the parts myself, some of which have been tricky to source, such as the replacement air valve cover that's at the bottom of the Lefty.

Just waiting on the new lower boot to arrive from Korea, of all places... ebaY is a handy thing at times.

2 comments:

rowanandmorgan said...

I'm inspired. I just got a polished aluminum 1994 KV frame and it needs a whole lot of work. I have never built a bike before so I have no idea where to start. I was wondering if I could upgrade to the disk brakes and I see you have done it. I think I will try similar.
Thanks for the postings. I love the lefty too but they are so expensive. I will have to save up for one
Rowan

Killer V said...

Nice you get to start from a polished frame, that will certainly save alot of time.

Good luck with it all!