Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crank and brake issues

Having a bit of bother with the rear brake setup. Nothing to do with the Brake Therapy adapter at least, which has been flawless since I installed it.

Two other problems, though...
I noticed, I must have some air bubbles in the rear brake line, it's a bit of a pain, but I've been meaning to shorten the brake line anyway, since it's a little too long. So I'll probably bleed out the brakes over the weekend.

The other issue it the grinding noise common from the rear. I think it's down to the disk alignment. I had to shim out the rear disk from the hub to get it aligned with the brake therapy adapter, and I think it needed another shim as there was some brake rub. Also think the saw style disk makes such a bad noise if not exactly aligned. I swapped to the original Avid 160 rotor for the rear (still a bit of a saw style) and the noise was cured. I'll maybe switch back to the Hope disc once the brake are bled.

The other issue is from the crank I think. Feels like something it either loose in the crank or pedals as I get an occasional "clunk" noise when pedalling. I havent checked the bottom bracket in a while so hopefully it's something simple with that.

Looks like I'll be getting my fingers dirty at the weekend...

fun!

No comments: