Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Araya Aeros

The first set of Araya Aero I picked up, was to be honest, were in somewhat worse of a condition than described.

I guess some people don't understand the definition of a dent or ding. Anyway, one rim was scrap, and one was 5/10 at best. But the better rim I did manage to fix somewhat. A second set arrived today, and are still surivor condition, but are straight away a 7/10 and 5/10 (minor ding) before I even start with them. even cheaper than the first set too.

The minor ding came out quite easily with a rag and adjustable spanner to pull out the ding on the rim edge. The plan is to have the rims powder coated white and have the GT hubs laced to them. I'll have the three good rims powdered, so I can have two rear wheels built. One with the GT Coaster hub and the second with a GT Superlace rear hub I picked up recently (Still in the post).

Parts wise, I think I have everything and what's not home, is on its way in the post.

No comments: