Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tech 7

I've continued work on the Dia Compe Tech 7s. Firstly, and most importantly was the painting of the bodies... black. I was tempted to go for a white/silver look, since it's more in keeping with look of the build, but decided to stick with the bitd look even though I've already deviated from the exact spec a little.

Undercoat and the first coat of black is already done, with the levers are currently drying off. Maybe do the second coat tomorrow, since I've feeling somewhat ill the last few days.

Secondly, in my boredom... as is it's better than watching paint dry, I polished up the locking pin spring. They'd tarnished a little and since the rest of the lever was done it would have been a little annoying otherwise. The one on the right is polished up a bit, the left one is untouched.

No comments: