Thursday, February 9, 2012

1986 Haro Master

Well, it's a tough decision on whether to keep the frame and fork "survivor" or to have them repowdered. The chrome parts are in decent shape so have the painted parts refinished would look nice although losing a heap of character in the process.



New decals, have already arrived in case I have it powdered which are very close to the originals. Just one minor difference on the fork decals, but hardly noticable.

The only decal missing from the new set is the "EX 4130" decal on the lower part of the seat tube. But I think I can get that elsewhere easy enough.

The scheme of this one won't be the traditional Master colours, i.e. white/blue, but will be white/green. Green parts, Haro tyres, A'me grips, Viscount Dominator, Nippon brakes, DC DX seat clamp, Group 1 stem cap, '86 DC brake cables. If I manage to source Odyssey Gyro cables in green then a green gyro too.

Mind you I still have to source alot of bits such as a green Gyro and Viscount Dominator, although I have both those in white in my parts stash. And the white seat would look ok with the chrome seat post. If I run a green seat a white post might look nicer.

Cranks will be Haro Group 1 three piece with power disk and pedals will be MKS graphites.

Wheels will be a bit off, but I'm one of the few that show love for Araya Aeros, so it could be a set on this bike too, although probably silver this time, to look nice with the chrome on the frame. Hubs probably white Superlace.

Time will tell...

No comments: