Friday, August 1, 2008

Gears

Well the current tasks are installing the gears and chain. Always alot of readjustment need with that, but the rear cassette is install, the chain and the front and rear derailleurs.

I'll try and find time over the weekend so install the shifters and that will only really leave the rear brake to sorts out.

It will be one of the bigger jobs. The Avid Juicy Three brake come ready bled, but I have to dismantle the brake down because of the brake cable guides on the frame. They are designed only to handle V-brakes and take a cable with wire core. So I'll drill these out so I'm able to guide the hydraulic brake through these instead. I picked up an Avid Juicy bleed kit off ebay, which arrived yesterday along with the black decal set for the head tube and seat tube decals, but I'm not that happy with them as the head tube decal is way too small!

Anyway, with the brakes the big question mark is of course mounting the rear caliper to the bike. I'm putting all my hopes in the Brake Therapy solution, which is on it's way as we speak. There was a bit of a delay with the order as a tree fell on the Brake Therapy building, so their orders got a bit back logged.

But the project is nearing the end... (So now I've dug out my old '00 Jekyll frame for the next build, using up all the spare parts I have lying around.)

No comments: