Friday, August 8, 2008

Installing the Brake Therapy disc adapter

To be honest the tricky bit with all this is really installing the hub kit. Once you've done that it's simply just a case of slotting on the adapter, attaching the quick release pin, bolting it to the V-brake mount and tightening the wheel.

The V-brake mounting bolt was quite long and included alot of spacer, so I trimmed the bolt down to make it a little neater looking.



The colour of the adapter is a little bit weird, but not bad I guess. However the brake caliper must be a post mount. Thankfully my Avid's are IS and post mount so it was no big deal. The adapter is set up to take a 160mm disk.


Now with the caliper in place.


I changed to the quick release lever on the rear hub, even though I'm no fan of them, but I needed to hook the Brake Therapy quick release around it. I'll probably switch back again since it looks a bit poor like this compared to the previous picture.


Pretty simple to do (excluding the slice and dice of my finger on the brake disc) and more importantly it works!

3 comments:

Tanuki said...

Sweet arrangement. I was considering the options for my Killer V 900. This has given me all I need!

Killer V said...

Good stuff, in my opinion it's definately worth it. I know there are mixed opinion on these conversions, but I've had only great experiences with it.
Nice to be able to stop in the wet!

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.