Monday, July 28, 2008

Front end

Well tonight I install the Lefty front fork and the new Avid Juicy Three front brake.

The Lefty was pretty simple to install as usual, but I think it might me in need of a service, so I'll have to leave it in to my LBS once the build is completed.



The brake set came with a 6-bolt 160mm front rotor, but I'm going to use an old Coda Lefty front hub which is an old 4-bolt pattern. So I decided to upgrade the front disk to 185mm since I need a new rotor anyway.



The wheel in the photo is an old wheel, but the hub will be the one I'll use to build up with the Halo Excite-D rim (whenever it actually arrives).

Anyway, it's really starting to look like a bike. There are a few things I'm still unsure of, such as too much rise on the front handle bars, but the new stem will improve that alot.



Oh and I installed the additional Cannondale decal on the top tube...

No comments: