Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thinking ahead...

Most of the parts that were on the bike, were in ok condition, but I'll be exchanging alot of the parts that will go on the bike.

As I said before I'll install a Lefty fork on to the bike, which means installing a hydraulic disk brake on the front. One of the problems with the KillerV frame is that there are no rear disk mounts installed on the frame. So my options are limited with rear brake...

One option it to use the brake set that came with it, which are infact pretty good, Avid Ti. Another option would be to install Hydrualic V brakes on the rear such as Magura HS33.

The other option is the most interesting and by far the most expensive option. That's to go with a Brake Therapy Disk conversion. This bit of kit looks abit of a crude bolt on option, that float on the hub and attaches to the V brake mount.

I talked to Brake Therapy about installing this on the KillerV and they said it would work no problem provided I had a compatible rear hub and 160mm rotor. I had planned to buy a new rear wheel anyway so I'll just make sure I get a hub to suit.

No comments: