Friday, July 18, 2008

Progress...

Well, I've pretty much managed to remove all the paint, with the exception of the paint inside the cable guides. Not really sure of the best way to attack that.

But the frame looks nice, although the bare aluminium will take a bit of working to make it more finished looking. I've decided to polish it as much as I can and leave it that way, no painting. I know bare aluminium can oxidize if not taken care of, but a good hard wax should protect it for the most part meaning it should only take a light polish now and again. I started with the head tube, since it's the area with a lot of welding. Ok the bottom bracket will probably be the toughest area but I don't want to put myself off polishing straight away.

Once again this will be a slow process to get rid of the heavier buffing marks that were there from factory but I think the effort will be worth it in the long run.

Heck what else am I gonna do for my two weeks vacation starting in a weeks time.

Anyway, here's a little taster of how the frame will look after spending short time polishing the head tube up, a huge difference compared to the raw frame finish.

No comments: